ZentriOS Native API Overview
ZentriOS is an operating system (OS), like iOS/Android. A ZAP is an application managed by the underlying OS, like an iOS or Android app.
A ZentriOS Application (aka Zap) is a custom application that runs on top of ZentriOS.
The ZAP controls product-specific functionality, leveraging the features ZentriOS provides.
The ZentriOS Operating System
ZentriOS, the operating system:
- Manages system and ZAP memory usage
- Manages system and ZAP events
- Handles faults
- Maintains the network stack
- Controls peripheral drivers
- Manages firmware updates
- Provides programming API to access system functionality
The ZentriOS Native API
The ZentriOS Native API is an Application Programming Interface (API) to ZentriOS. ZentriOS applications are written using the ZentriOS Native API.
The ZentriOS SDK
The ZentriOS SDK provides an integrated development environment for writing ZentriOS applications.
- A ZentriOS application (ZAP) is written in native C
- The ZAP dynamically links to the underlying ZentriOS functions.